Target Job Interview Questions | Target Job Interview Tips
Target Corporation is the second-largest department store retailer in the United States, behind Walmart, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Founded by George Dayton and headquartered in Minneapolis.
Target Interview Questions & Answers
Target Seasonal Warehouse Worker Interview Questions and Answers
- Q 1: Tell me about a time you helped a co-worker while trying to complete your own assignment.
- A: At my last job I frequently worked with new hires. I’m appreciative for these experiences because it helped me learn to complete my own responsibilities in a more time effective manner while showing someone else the ropes and helping them complete their tasks. I also learned that these new hires often had precious input and suggestions on how to complete the job by working “smarter, not harder”.
- Q 2: Tell me about a time when you were involved in or observed a safety-related issue.
- A: One day I was working with a fellow employee who forgot to cut open a box with the box cutter facing away from him. The box slipped and the box cutter cut into his leg. It was an unfortunate circumstance, although it reminded us all of how important following safety protocol is.
- Q 3: Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job duties.
- A: When working as a stock member, I always made it a point to welcome customers and to offer assistance to anyone who seemed to look for an item. Usually, I would walk them over to where they could find that item. If we were out of stock, I made sure to put in an order for the item and put them on a call back schedule for when their product came in.
Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions and Answers
- Q 1: When working with a team, how have you handled any issues that arose?
- A: In a previous job I had an assistant manager who would allow us tasks and supervise. It was rare that this individual would help us, even when we were running behind. Since supervising is a vital part of managing I took the opportunity at a meeting to praise this manager for her supervisory skills, but also mentioned that it would be nice to either add a team member or come up with a clarification to completing work in a timelier method. The assistant manager went through coaching and soon after, her work performance improved.
- Q 2: What is your biggest weakness?
- A: When working as a team I tend to expect others to grasp all aspects of the job as quickly as I do. I know that everyone learns at a distinctive pace, and has various methods for completing the same jobs. I’m steadily learning to offer my assistance to co-workers, instead of just completely taking over to finish the job quickly.
- Q 3: Why do you want to work at Target?
- A: I’m excited to be a part of Target’s team because I have heard that the company is engaged with the community, as am I. I’m also excited to work with a diverse group of people within a company that praises their employee’s uniqueness.
Target Protection Specialist Interview Questions and Answers
- Q 1: Is it more important to prevent thefts or provide excellent customer service?
- A: As a protection specialist, my prime focus would be to deter, prevent, and report thefts. However, since I am working in a retail environment I would always aim to be friendly with Target customers and guide them in the best manner possible.
- Q 2: Why do you want to work for Target as a protection specialist?
- A: I have former experience working in loss prevention and security positions. It’s a job that I have not only grown to enjoy except have sharpened my skills in over the years.
- Q 3: Tell me about yourself.
- A: I have several years of experience working as a security officer and working in retail environments. At the last 2 companies, I worked for I received the “Employee of the Month” award various times. My former boss often complimented me on my strength to neutralize hostile situations with those suspected of theft.
Target Job Interview Tips
Note: If you are interested in a career with Target, you can also read our guide on how the Target job application process goes and how you can enhance your chances of getting called to an interview.
🎯 Know the Company You’re Applying For
When the time comes for you to interview with Target’s management team, it is crucial that you have some knowledge about the company.
Casually introduce facts you know about the company. You can say something along the lines of, “I’m excited for the opportunity to become a part of a company that associates itself with the community.”
Did you know that Target also accepts applicants from varying walks of life and social backgrounds? This year Target has been voted one of the “best places to work for LGBT equality”, receiving a score of 100 from the Human Rights Campaign on its Corporate Equality Index.
🎯 Know What They Expect of You
It would be in your best interest to know what this potential job requires. Be ready to assure the interviewer that you are willing and capable to meet or exceed the expectations of the job.
As many of the situations at Target require employees to cross-train, it can only help your case to consider that you pride yourself on knowing the job of versatile professions within a company.
🎯 Review Common Target Interview Questions & Prepare Answers
When you are interviewing for any job, it is necessary to prepare yourself for the sorts of questions that might come up during the interview.
Many people notice this part of an interview frightening and never know how to react.
This is why it’s important to do your analysis and come to the interview with well believed-out job interview answers to some questions you think might come up.
🎯 Arrive Early
If you arrive 10-15 minutes ahead for your interview, you will be that much more likely to get the job. This shows that you are trustworthy and manage your time well.
No matter what, do not show up to the interview late. Typically, when conducting interviews, multiple candidates line up for their opportunity to interview for the same position.
Understand that you are, indeed, competing for a position, and do everything in your power to show Target’s management that you are the best candidate for the position.
I hope you enjoy this article and get essential information for Target Job Interview and I hope it will prove helpful to you. Best Luck!