- 1 McDonald’s Interview Question Answers | McDonald’s Employment
- 1.1 McDonalds Positions and Salary Information
- 1.2 McDonalds Interview Questions & Answers
- 1.3 Crew Member Interview Questions & Answers
- 1.4 Shift Manager Interview Questions & Answers
- 1.5 Communications Supervisor Interview Questions & Answers
- 1.6 McDonald’s Job Interview Tips
McDonald’s Interview Question Answers | McDonald’s Employment
There is a main four pillar of the foundation of McDonald’s is quality, service, cleanliness, and value. The franchise company prides itself on employing people from all walks of race, religion, and background.
McDonald’s offers many advantages to their employees, including medicinal and dental plans, disability pay, recognition programs, and sick and personal time.
When filling out your online McDonald’s job application you may have noticed that you had the options of applying for an hourly restaurant job or a corporate position.
In this important guide, I will discuss a few McDonalds interview questions asked of people applying for an hourly position as a crew member or shift manager, as well as a corporate position of communications supervisor.
McDonalds Positions and Salary Information
With over 30,000 locations across the world, McDonald’s employs 1.9 million workers. As one of the most recognizable companies in the world, job opportunities are constantly available.
▶️ Crew Member
- These essential associates keep restaurants clean and prepare all of McDonald’s menu items.
- They’re expected to welcome customers with a smile, take accurate orders, and keep supplies stocked.
- Full time and part time depending on location
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age, through operation of a cash register demands a minimum age of 16
- Due to the amount of responsibility required, shift managers need to be 18 or older.
- The beginning pay rate is usually around $9.00 an hour.
- McDonald’s often hires cashiers primarily to work front counters and receiving orders.
- Cashiers serve consumers, manage money, and sometimes manage the drive-thru windows.
- The entry-level job typically pays around minimum wage.
▶️ Shift Managers
- The goal for shift managers is to make sure customers have an enjoyable experience every time they visit McDonald’s.
- They are responsible for a wide range of duties, such as food protection, internal communication, and scheduling.
- This position gives 25 to 40 hours weekly, and salary packages of up to $26,000 per year.
▶️ Maintenance Technicians
- McDonald’s maintenance technicians are responsible for cleansing oil fryers and all food preparation equipment.
- These individuals also preserve the outside grounds, change light bulbs, and unload delivery truck shipments
- The hourly wage begins at about $10.00.
McDonalds Interview Questions & Answers
Many people get anxious while waiting for their interview because they do not know what type of questions to expect. If you have reviewed some common McDonalds job interview questions this eliminates a lot of the stress from the situation.
Here are a few interview questions commonly asked by interviewers, with some of the best McDonalds interview questions and answers.
Crew Member Interview Questions & Answers
- Q 1: What is your favorite menu item? Answer this as if you are selling me the product.
- A: I personally like the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese. It’s a perfect size, with two quarter-pound 100% pure beef patties, and comes with extra cheese! Who doesn’t love cheese? I’m biased to the Big Mac as well, so I always ask them to add the secret sauce to my Double Quarter Pounder.
- Q 2: Do you find it easy to get angry and shout at people?
- A: I don’t have much of a temper or a short fuse. Even when other would get angry by being overwhelmed, I work well under pressure and stress. However, when I do encounter particularly hostile customers I always make it a point to apologize for the problem. I also ask them to give me just a moment to grab a manager who can better assist with the problem.
- Q 3: What does customer service mean to you?
- A: I have always prided myself on providing excellent customer service. When dealing with customers I make it a point to address each individual, instead of only speaking to the person ordering. I also always try my best to address any problems the guest may have.
Shift Manager Interview Questions & Answers
- Q 1: What makes you a good candidate to work in a shift management position for McDonald’s?
- A: I have previous experience working in the restaurant business, and experience as an assistant manager at a retail store. Both of these positions required me to sharpen my customer service skills and work in a fast paced environment. While working as an assistant manager I found that I am very good at directing a team, while also working as part of the team.
- Q 2: Do you think you can handle the stress that goes along with working in a fast food environment?
- A: I have had experience working with the public and in a fast-paced retail store, providing customer service to many customers. I believe that working in these positions have prepared me to handle any stress that may come with working in a fast food restaurant.
- Q 3: Would you have a problem cleaning the bathroom if I asked you to?
- A: As a shift manager it would be my job to direct my team, but also to work as part of the team. This would mean I still had to complete all parts of the job, including cleaning bathrooms. I couldn’t expect my team members to do something that I refused to do.
Communications Supervisor Interview Questions & Answers
- Q 1: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- A: I would like to continue working for McDonald’s and move up in the company. 5 years from now I hope to have at least a year’s experience as a Communications Manager for the company.
- Q 2: What is your biggest weakness?
- A: I tend to bite off more than I can chew. What I intend by this is that I take on my own workload. However, I frequently insist on helping others with their work as well. I still manage to get everything done on time, just with less sleep.
- Q 3: What is your greatest strength?
- A: I have strong communication skills. I’m excellent at compensating situations that have grown hostile. I also pride myself on my ability to convince others that they need to buy specific items.
McDonald’s Job Interview Tips
After setting up your interview there are a few things you can do while preparing for the interview to ensure that you get the job. You will have a one-on-one interview with a Manager of the company who will ask a few critical questions. It is important to make a good first impression not only in the way you respond but also with your appearance and the way you carry yourself.
▶️ Know the Company
When interviewing for McDonald’s keep in mind their core principles of quality, service, cleanliness, and value. Mention your love for providing quality service and be sure to show up for the interview clean cut and squared away.
▶️ Know the Responsibilities of the Job You’ve Applied For
When you are applying for any position then it is essential to know the duties of the job and to be able to meet them. If you notice in the job requirements that you will be asked to provide proof that you are over a certain age, consider bringing the proper documentation with you to your interview.
▶️ Study Interview Questions
It is a good habit who become prior ready for any situation. So it is required to gather information about the company and position and once you look out the overall detail of the field in which you are applying for.
▶️ Arrive Early
There is very well said that the “first impression is the last impression”. So it is advisable to reach on time for interviews and appointments. This shows that you value the time of the interviewer, and the company as well.
▶️ Dress for the Job You Want
When you going for interviewing for the desired position it is important to dress well for the job you want. If you have applied to work as a crew member or a shift manager inside of a McDonald’s restaurant pay attention to the uniform you have seen their employees wear.
Official site: https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us.html
Career site: https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mcdonalds
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/mcdonalds
Instagram page: http://www.instagram.com/mcdonalds
Hope you find adequate information what are you looking for here. This will prove to beneficial to you. Wishes the best!