The Kroger Company is the biggest supermarket chains based on income in the United States and manages nearly 2,800 stores in 34 states. Some stores include fuel centers and pharmacies.
Typical hours of operation for Kroger are from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week. Pharmacy hours are offered daily, yet shortened hours often from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. Fuel centers featured pay-at-the-pump and offer 24*7 service.
- 1 Kroger Positions and Salary Information
- 2 Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions & Answers
- 3 Kroger Cashier Interview Questions & Answers
- 4 Kroger Stocker Questions & Answers
Kroger Positions and Salary Information
The company acquires job applications from those seeking part-time and full-time jobs. Kroger looks for employees with good communication skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere. The following roles are commonly available:
- Kroger stores require employees to work in various departments to better serve consumers.
- Also called sales associates, workers can be attached to the bakery, deli, dairy, grocery, or produce units to help patrons find items and answer questions.
- Clerks can make up to $9.00 an hour.
- Consult the Kroger grocery clerk job description to learn about stocking positions with the supermarket chain.
- Courtesy clerks bag groceries and take them out to customer vehicles.
- Employees should be prompt, cheerful, and able to perform basic manual labor.
- Other duties include cleaning, returning items to shelves, and retrieving carts.
- Courtesy clerks at Kroger start at a minimum hourly wage.
- Take a look at the Kroger bagger job description.
- Responsibilities include operating computerized cash registers, taking payments, and answering customer questions.
- Kroger cashiers work varied shifts and typically earn around $8.00 per hour.
- Read the Kroger cashier job description.
- Cashiers should be kind, courteous, and patient individuals.
- Ranging from floor supervisors to store managers, Kroger management positions delegate work and supervise entry-level employees.
- Specific job duties include setting work schedules, hiring and training new employees, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Floor supervisors pay rates are around $9.00 to $10.00 per hour.
- Assistant managers generally start off making $17.00 an hour while store managers earn around $60,000 per year.
- Browse the Kroger manager job description.
Kroger Job Interview Tips
The Kroger job interview procedure requires an online application first. If you want to find more about this process, you can check out at Kroger Job Application – Kroger Employment guide and comprehensive employment resources.
Then, a manager will call, usually within two weeks, to conduct an informal short phone interview.
The next step is a face-to-face interview in the store. Most store positions will require only these two conversations before an offer of employment, though, additional conversations may be required for management positions.
☑ Be professional
Dress suitably for the job interview. This isn’t a time to wear the clothes you just worked out in. Take the time to put on a pair of slacks or a simple dress. Make sure your clothing is clean and wrinkle-free.
☑ Think beyond the typical Kroger job interview questions
You probably expect some of the questions that will be asked based on the job for which you are applying. Think beyond the position and about yourself to things an interviewer may ask in an attempt to get to know you better. The employer may ask about your hobbies, activities in school, future goals or career goals. Take some time to think about how you’ll describe these kinds of questions.
☑ Be timely and appreciative
Make sure you reach on time and prepared for your interview. Be appreciative and thanking the manager for his time, understanding that he has set aside time to discuss the position with you.
Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: If you saw someone looking around the store confused, what would you do?
A: I would like to approach the person and ask if I could help in some way. If the person was looking for an object, I would help in that search or find someone who could locate the item. If another assistance is needed that I am unable to provide, I would locate a store manager to help with the circumstance.
Q2: What qualities do you have that make this job a good fit for you?
A: I am an outgoing person, have great grip on communication skills and enjoy helping others. I have an extrovert personality and I am easily approachable, making people feel comfortable to reach out to me for support.
Q3: Describe your favorite work environment.
A: While I am able to work independently, I prefer to work as part of a team. I enjoy the collaboration of a group atmosphere and find that sharing ideas and working with others leads to more productive and profitable outcomes compared to working alone.
Kroger Cashier Interview Questions & Answers
Q1: Tell me about yourself.
A: I am XY years old and a junior at ABC High School. I am a social person and enjoy meeting new people and supporting others. This is my first job interview and I am starting to save for my college education.
Q2: How do you handle working in a fast-paced environment?
A: I am a methodical person and remain calm under stress. I don’t let things disturb me and I focus on the task at hand. For example, I participate in theater in high school and while some people get nervous before going on stage, I am able to lead my nervousness into positive energy. I believe I will be able to manage a job in the same manner as well.
Q3: Why do you want to work at Kroger?
A: I think a job working with the public will help prepare me for the future, whether it be work or school. Learning to work with others is a good character to have as an adult.
Kroger Stocker Questions & Answers
Q1: Describe a time when you worked with someone you did not like.
A: I try to look forward to the best in others, even if we share different interests or opinions. While at work, I focus on finishing my work to the best of my skill. Another priority is being a confident team member to my coworkers.
Q2: How would you handle an unhappy customer?
A: I would apologize for the condition that caused the customer’s unhappiness and ask how I can help. If I am not able to offer a solution to the difficulty, I would seek the help of my manager.
Q3: What is your work availability?
A: I am able to work a full-time schedule between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m., as well as weekends.
Kroger offers a variety of positions from cashier to stocker to customer service. While some may need former experience, most positions with the company require a desire to work with the public and offer good consumer service. Beyond an online application, a phone interview and at least one in-person interview will be required.
It is important to be prepared for the Kroger job interview process. Help your fellow job seekers by sharing your Kroger job interview experience, questions asked and how you answered these questions.
>>Checkout here for Kroger Job Application<<